Omkoi Homestay by DISCOVA (former Buffalo Tours)
LEISURE PROGRAM – 3 DAYS 2 NIGHTS
- Guest will stay at village stay (sharing house)
- English-speaking guide
- Tours and transfers as mentioned by AC vehicle
- Sightseeing fees and permits during guided time
- Service charge and current government tax
- International and domestic air tickets
- VISA fee if any, in Thailand
- Early/late check in/out service at hotels
- Tips and gratuities
- Other services not mentioned in itinerary
- Expenditure of a personal nature
- Travel Insurance (Compulsory)
Accommodation: Om Goi Village Stay
TRIP PRICING IN THB – 2021
2 persons Price Per Participant 17,000 THB
3 persons Price Per Participant 12,100 THB
4 persons Price Per Participant 9,700 THB
5 persons Price Per Participant 8,200 THB
6 persons Price Per Participant 8,000 THB
7 persons Price Per Participant 7,600 THB
8 persons Price Per Participant 7,300 THB
- When the group stays at Om Goi village, they will share a house with other guests.
- Although the conditions are only standard (cold shower, squad toilet, with clean mattresses, pillows, blankets, and mosquito nets), staying in the village not only helps visitors experience the true local life of the Om Goi family as staying closer to them, but also contributes creating jobs for locals – welcoming visitors right from their own homes. Thus, the benefits from tourism are directly contributed to the community.
Day 01: CHIANG MAI – OM GOI (L, D)
- Departure Chiang Mai after meeting your local guide, drive southward to Om Goi District – about 3 hours drive.
- Then, get ready for the hiking journey through the field and jungle to the village where you will spend the night there. Enjoy your lunch on the way hike up to the village.
- Upon your arrival in the village, meet up with your host. It’s time to check in to your village stay with your host family (local houses, squat toilet, coldshower, basic sleeping mattress and mosquito net) sharing space with 4-6 persons per village stay (separate genders)
- In the afternoon, take time to explore the village with your guide, learn about the life and living conditions of the people here.
- Dinner at the local house. Overnight at the village stay.
Day 02: OM GOI VILLAGE – KAREN COOKING – BAMBOO WEAVING
- Wake up and enjoy your breakfast.
- Continue your day with “Karen cooking” activities with the women in the village, and enjoy the unique local food together. Next, enjoy your time and show off your skill in the bamboo weaving class and learn how to make a bamboo basket. Then, go to the local orchard or rice field to participate in a farming activity with the locals (depending on the season of plantation or harvesting).
- Dinner at the local house and have a talk more with the local people.
- Overnight at the village stay.
Day 03: OM KOI – TREKKING – BACI CEREMONY – CHIANG MAI (B, L)
- This morning, take another trekking to further discover the beauty of the mountainous area, followed by a “Baci ceremony” organized at a local house.
- Then, enjoy your lunch at local home before taking the transfer back Chiang Mai.
Please note: Estimated trekking time – 2 hours
Hoa Tran – firstname.lastname@example.org